PAX 3 Vapor App User Guide
The PAX Vapor App allows the user to control every aspect of the PAX 3 experience. Besides of being able to customize the LED colors, you can access temperature and flavor options that are only available via the app. Create tailor-made sessions just for you and keep your device working at its best with regular firmware updates.
You can get the PAX Vapor app here.
APP: CONNECTING YOUR PAX 3
Ensure that your PAX 3 is on - LEDs should be on. If pairing for the first time, your device should be on before you can put the device into pairing mode with repeated shaking. Ensure bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. Ensure your mobile device is within a few feet of your PAX 3. Try tapping on your mobile device's screen if you haven't interacted with the app for a minute or so. If you're still having trouble, try restarting the app and your device.
APP: DEVICE LOCK
Enabling device lock with PAX 3 app turns off your oven. You will still be able to configure the device with the app and play games.
When PAX 3 is locked, its LEDs will show a slow red counter-clockwise animation unless it is charging or in game mode.
Device lock does not immediately stop PAX 3 from producing vapor if you lock your device after your oven has heated to your temperature setting. It can take up to 30 seconds for the oven to cool enough that it won't produce any vapor.
APP: LOST CONNECTION
If you lost connection while trying to connect your device, the PAX 3 is likely off or out of range with your mobile device. If PAX 3's LEDs are off, try turning the device on or putting it on the charger to turn it back on. If app doesn't reconnect, try tapping on your mobile device's screen with the app open.
If PAX 3 is on and your mobile device is in range, try turning PAX 3 off and on again or multi-shake to re-pair. If app doesn't reconnect, try tapping on your mobile device's screen with the app open. If you still can't re-connect, try restarting the app and your device.
APP: DYNAMIC MODES
Dynamic mode is just a fancy way of saying predefined vaping experience. You know what to expect and all it takes is a swipe to get it. Dynamic Modes set how much oven temperature boosts on lip presence, how quickly and how much oven temperature drops when your lip hasn't been present, how long it takes your device to go into Standby if it hasn't been moving, and what temperature the oven is held at in Standby.
Swipe left or right on the Dynamic Mode icon to see details about each of the different modes. PAX 3 has five Dynamic Modes, all which are available on the app:
1. Standard: Default lip presence-based boosting and auto-cooling. Default motion-based standby. This is the default Dynamic Mode your device is set to out of the box. This mode balances consistent vapor production and flavor preservation.
2. Boost: More aggressive boosting, less and slower auto-cooling, and higher standby temperature. This mode is for users who want more vapor at their preferred temperature setting. It optimizes for maximum vapor production.
3. Efficiency: Ramp oven temperature throughout your session. Default boosting and auto-cooling with lip presence. Default motion standby. This mode is for users who like to turn up their temp setting during their session to extract more from the oven as the session progresses. This mode optimizes for consistent vapor production throughout your session.
4. Stealth: Stay stealthy and save battery with fast auto-cooling, lower standby temperature, no boosting, and dimmed lights. This mode is for users who want maximum discretion and users who want the oven to cool as quickly as possible when they're not drawing on the device. This mode optimizes for fast cooldown after draws.
5. Flavor: Optimize for flavor with fast auto-cooling and more boosting. This mode is for users who prioritize flavor throughout their session over vapor production when device hasn't recently been drawn from. This mode optimizes for flavor preservation and on-demand vapor production.
APP: CHANGING APP TEMPERATURE
Swipe left or right on the colored circle showing your current temperature setting to decrease or increase your temperature setting in 5°F increments. Swipe up and down on your temperature selection for 1°F adjustments.
APP: WHY DOESN'T MY APP TEMPERATURE MATCH MY PAX 3 TEMPERATURE?
Live oven temperature boosts above your temperature setting when your lip is detected on the mouthpiece. Live oven temperature starts slowly decreasing below your temperature setting when your lip hasn't been present for some time. Live oven temperature drops to your Standby temperature when device hasn't been moving for some time.
Dynamic Modes set how much oven temperature boosts on lip presence, how quickly and how much oven temperature drops when your lip hasn't been present, how long it takes your device to go into Standby if it hasn't been moving, and what temperature the oven is held at in Standby.
APP: EARLY TEMPERATURE VIBRATION
PAX 3 oven is ready for a draw when the device indicates that it is ready to vape.
For more vapor on your first draw after turning the device on or after the device has been in Standby Mode, you can wait a few seconds after the device has indicated that it is ready to vape. Another option is to take a longer, slower draw.
PAX 3's temperature control law gives the oven temperature a soft landing when it's approaching your temperature setting, so it's normal to see live oven temperature approach your temperature setting slowly as it gets closer to your temperature setting.